Thyrommune™ features selenomethionine, a bioavailable form of the mineral selenium.
Selenium is an essential trace mineral that supports antioxidant status and thyroid
function.* It is required for proper functioning of thyroid hormones at the cellular level
and it has been shown in studies to support thyroid and immune health.*
This formula also contains myo‑inositol, which exhibits the ability to help regulate the activity of
certain hormones related to thyroid function.*
Thyrommune™ contains a targeted blend of myo‑inositol and selenium that work
synergistically to support thyroid function, healthy hormone balance, a healthy immune
response, and overall metabolic health.*
Each 1-capsule serving provides 600 mg of myo-inositol and 83 mcg of selenomethionine. Formulated based on clinically researched amounts of sSelenomethionine and myo-inositol
- Provides 600 mg of myo-inositol and 83 mcg of selenium per 1-capsule serving
- Features selenomethionine, a bioavailable form of selenium
- Myo-inositol may support healthy metabolism, thyroid function, and a healthy immune response*
- Selenium, an important mineral that is vital for optimal thyroid function and health*
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free • Non-GMO
- Supports healthy thyroid function
- Healthy hormone balance support
- Immune health support
- Supports metabolic health
Clinical studies indicate that supplementation with selenium may decrease levels of antibodies associated with autoimmune thyroiditis. One study investigated the efficacy of selenomethionine supplementation in 88 women with autoimmune thyroiditis for 9 months. In the treatment group, participants received 200 ug of selenomethionine daily; serum concentrations of anti‑thyroperoxidase (TPOAb) were shown to decrease 26.6% after 3 months of treatment.1 A similar study reported significant reductions in TPOAb in patients receiving selenium supplementation for 6 months. Of note, levels of TPOAb increased in study participants with the discontinuation of selenium supplementation.2
In another study 86 patients with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis having thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) levels between 3 and 6 mIU/L, elevated serum antithyroid peroxidase (TPOAb) and/or antithyroglobulin (TgAb), and normal free thyroxine (fT4) and free triiodothyronine (fT3) levels were enrolled in the study: one hyperthyroid subject with TSH about 0.14 μU/ml was included in this trial as a single case. Patients were assigned to receive Myo-Ins-Se. TSH, TPOAb, and TgAb levels were significantly decreased in patients treated with combined Myo-Ins-Se after 6 months of treatment. In addition, a significant fT3 and fT4 increase, along with an amelioration of their quality of life, was observed. Remarkably, TSH values of the hyperthyroid patient increased from 0.14 μU/ml up to 1.02 μU/ml, showing a complete restoration of TSH values at a normal range. In conclusion, the administration of Myo-Ins-Se is significantly effective in decreasing TSH, TPOAb, and TgAb levels, as well as enhancing thyroid hormones and personal wellbeing, therefore restoring euthyroidism in patients diagnosed with autoimmune thyroiditis.
- Turker O., Kumanlioglu K., Karapolat I., Dogan I. Selenium treatment in autoimmune thyroiditis: 9-month follow-up with variable doses. The Journal of Endocrinology. 2006;190(1):151–156. doi: 10.1677/joe.1.06661.
- Nordio M, Basciani S. Treatment with Myo-Inositol and Selenium Ensures Euthyroidism in Patients with Autoimmune Thyroiditis. Int J Endocrinol. 2017;2017:2549491. doi: 10.1155/2017/2549491. Epub 2017 Feb 15. PMID: 28293260; PMCID: PMC5331475.