- 1 GI-Map Test Kit (see description below)
- 1 One-on-One 30 min (Video) Consultation to review your results and customized action plan.
- Fedex shipping to and from lab (US only)
- Written report of results and plan of action to address results.
How: After completing your purchase you will receive a test collection kit from the lab (allow up to 7 days to receive this kit). You collect the stool sample in the privacy of your own home, then you will send the sample in the pre-paid postage back to the lab. Once we are notified that the sample has been tested we will meet to discuss the results and the plan of action to address the findings. Please allow up to 7-days to receive your test kit and another 14-21 days for the lab results.
Why: Why do the GI-Map? Because your gut health is in-extricably linked to your health.
Whether you have obvious digestive tract symptoms like:
- Heartburn and acid reflux
- Bloating that makes you look pregnant
- Excess belching, burping and gas
- Constipation where you don’t pass more than 8-12 inches of poop per day
- Loose stools or diarrhea
- Nausea and even occasional vomiting
- You’ve been diagnosed with “irritable bowel syndrome” (IBS) or GERD
or symptoms seemingly unrelated to the digestive tract such as:
- Depression, anxiety, or other mood disorders
- Autoimmune disease
- Hormonal imbalances
- Skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, acne
- Diabetes or inability to lose weight
the Gastrointestinal Microbial Assay Plus (GI-MAP) test will greatly contribute to discovering the root cause of your symptoms and assess the quality of your digestive health. The latest research has overwhelmingly shown that your digestive health is inextricably linked to whether or not you have health or disease. The GI-MAP’s accuracy and reliability allows us to create personalized protocols to address gut dysfunction based on which infections are urgent, which areas of the gut are already optimized, and which areas should be addressed after an infection is resolved.
The GI Map was designed to assess your microbiome (all the micro-organisms in your digestive tract) from a single stool sample, with particular attention to microbes that may be disturbing normal microbial balance and may contribute to perturbations in the gastrointestinal (GI) flora or illness.
The panel is a comprehensive collection of microbial targets as well as immune and digestive markers. It screens for pathogenic (disease causing) bacteria, commensal bacteria, opportunistic pathogens, fungi, viruses, and parasites. It primarily uses state of the art DNA analysis to give integrative and functional medicine practitioners a better view into the gastrointestinal microbiome.
For more information on the GI-Map visit https://www.diagnosticsolutionslab.com/tests/gi-map.